Small gas leak at University Center causes evacuation

establishing shot of the University Center

Students were evacuated from the Chavis University Center when an employee detected a gas leak.

February 18, 2016 — A small gas leak in the Chavis University Center Tuesday night caused police to evacuate the building as a precaution around 9 p.m.  A dining hall employee told an officer in the building that he smelled gas. They identified the source as a hole in a pipeline for one of the grills. Students and employees waited outside for about 30 minutes while maintenance workers treated the problem. Fire stations No. 19 and No. 21 also responded to the call.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Campus. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s